Pokemon Nova Sun and Umbra Moon are mods for Pokemon Sun and Moon. Their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Nova Sun and Umbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokemon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokemon in Trainers' teams has a hold item and a proper moveset. The end-game of the main story features trainers with Levels in the mid-nineties.
- Trainer Changes
- Harsher Level Curve: Balanced to the EXP Share
- All-new Trainer teams
- All Captains, Kahunas, and other bosses have six Pokemon
- Totems are powered up and pack new strategies
- Post-game Memento Blisseys added to Battle Buffet in Hau'oli City
- Trainers are capable of EV Training their Pokemon
- Wild Pokemon Changes
- Island Scan Pokemon are available in the wild
- Rarity within areas adjusted
- Certain patches of grass are optimized for SOS EV training!
- Lots more Wild Hold Items
- Legit Build: All Wild Pokemon are 100% legit for trade and will not appear as "hacked" by any legitimacy testers
- Leveled Build: Wild Pokemon are the same as in the Legit Build, but are leveled up to keep pace with NS/UM's harsh level curve. A quick adjustment in PKHeX will make them 100% legit.
- Expanded Build: Wild Pokemon are altered so that every non-Legendary (Tapu/UB/Mythical Pokemon count as Legendary) species is available, at the same level as the Leveled Build. Legendary encounters are not changed in this or any Build.
- Lite Build: No changes to the Wild Encounter Tables of Sun and Moon were made
- Item Changes
- Less useless junk in Poke Marts!
- All Poke Balls and Repels are on sale for 90% off!
- Sacred Ash available in addition to Revive
- Certain healing items cost more
- Competitive consumables are available in standard Poke Marts
- Thrifty Megamart is now the go-to place to purchase competitive items like Leftovers and Life Orbs
- Konikoni's Incense Shop sells the six EV Reduction Berries. Removing unused EVs (SpA on Machamp, etc.) is a great way to passively optimize your team!
- Evolution Changes
- Trade Evolutions now have alternate methods. You can still evolve them through their normal trade methods.
- Non-Eevee Pokemon that evolve in specific areas now have alternate methods. You can still evolve them through their normal level-up locations.
- Version-based Evolutions now Evolve using the Sun or Moon Stone
- Other Changes
- Custom Title Screens!
- Eggs now hatch incredibly quickly
- Switch Mode no longer reveals the incoming Pokemon
- An in-game trade for a 6IV Ditto (holding a Destiny Knot) now exists!
- Learnsets have been adjusted to provide better access to moves, particularly in Expanded and Leveled Builds
- New, improved Pickup tables
- All species can now SOS call
- Custom Banner and Icon for .cia installs!